DOC: 23423 UK Events Ltd
“Client” means any individual, firm or corporate body which makes a booking with UK Events Ltd.
“Event” means the event or events the subject of the booking agreement form
All quotations made and bookings accepted are made subject to the following terms and conditions and no addition to nor variation of, such terms and conditions, shall be binding unless agreed by UK Events Ltd in writing. For removal of any doubt, the placing of a booking with UK Events Ltd shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions of the booking
1. Bookings are only secured on receipt of a signed booking agreement.
2. A non-refundable deposit equal to 30% shall be paid by the Client to UK Events Ltd upon signature of the booking agreement. Late payment may result in extra charges or your booking being cancelled. If the event date is less than 2 weeks. Full payment will be required.
i. The remainder balance is due no later than 2 weeks prior to the Event date.
ii. In no circumstances will the deposit be refunded
5. UK Events Ltd reserves the right to cancel or suspend the provision of the agreed facilities and services if:
i. the payment dates are not adhered to
ii. the client, being a company, has had a winding up petition presented against it, has entered into administration, receivership, liquidation or an arrangement with its creditors
iii. the client, being an individual, has had a bankruptcy petition against it, has become bankrupt, insolvent or entered into an arrangement with its creditors
iv. the venue or any other key element of the Event is cancelled by the provider of the venue for the Event or another main supplier for the Event for any reason, not including default of UK Events Ltd
6. UK Events Ltd can accept no responsibility for any injury to Clients and their guests sustained whilst attending the Event
7. UK Events Ltd does not accept responsibility of the loss or damage of personal property belonging to Clients and their guests
8. Should the client cancel the Event at any stage between 1 to 3 months prior to the Event, the Client shall be liable for 75% of the overall invoice amount. Should the Client cancel the Event within 1 month prior to the date of the Event, the client shall be liable for the full cost of the Event, unless otherwise agreed by UK Events Ltd in writing
9. The Client shall be liable for any costs incurred in repairing any damage to the goods hired caused by the Client or its employees or guests. It shall be the absolute responsibility of the client to ensure the safe keeping of equipment and the hirer will indemnify UK events Ltd in respect of any loss or damage howsoever caused whilst in the client’s possession.
10. UK Events Ltd has full public liability insurance; however personal accident insurance is not included. Clients requiring this cover should contact their own insurers well in advance
11. The Client shall keep in strict confidence all commercial know-how, which is disclosed to the Client by UK Events Ltd or its agents or subcontractors and any other confidential information concerning UK Events Ltd business, which the Client may obtain.
12. All materials, drawings, specifications, data or otherwise supplied by UK Events Ltd to the Client shall at all times be and remain the exclusive property of UK Events Ltd and shall be held by the Client in safe custody and in good condition and shall be returned to UK Events Ltd on its request.
13. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the provision of the facilities detailed, UK Events Ltd cannot be held responsible for shortcomings or conditions, which may affect the Event and are outside their control. E.g. weather, acts of terrorism, fire, etc.
14. UK Events Ltd and its subcontractors cannot be responsible for any non-fulfilment of this contract by either party, but please be assured that this engagement has been taken in good faith and every reasonable safeguard will be applied.
15. No provision of these terms and conditions or of the booking agreement are enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 by any party other than UK Events Ltd or the Client.
Registered in England and Wales | Company No. 06851338 | V.A.T No. 972207324