DOC: 23423 UK Events Ltd
Terms & Conditions
“Client” means any individual, firm or corporate body which makes a booking with UK Events Ltd .
“Event” means the event or events the subject of the booking agreement form
All quotations made and bookings accepted are made subject to the following terms and conditions and no addition to nor variation of, such terms and conditions, shall be binding unless agreed by UK Events Ltd in writing. For removal of any doubt, the placing of a booking with UK Events Ltd shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions of the booking
1. Bookings are only secured on receipt of a signed booking agreement and payment of the deposit referred to in condition 2 below. 2. A non-refundable deposit equal to 30% shall be paid by the Client to UK Events Ltd upon signature of the booking agreement i. The remainder balance is due no later than 2 weeks prior to the Event date. ii. In no circumstances will the deposit be refunded 5. UK Events Ltd reserves the right to cancel or suspend the provision of the agreed facilities and services if: i. the payment dates are not adhered to ii. the client, being a company, has had a winding up petition presented against it, has entered into administration, receivership, liquidation or an arrangement with its creditors iii. the client, being an individual, has had a bankruptcy petition against it, has become bankrupt, insolvent or entered into an arrangement with its creditors iv. the venue or any other key element of the Event is cancelled by the provider of the venue for the Event or another main supplier for the Event for any reason, not including default of UK Events Ltd 6. UK Events Ltd can accept no responsibility for any injury to Clients and their guests sustained whilst attending the Event 7. UK Events Ltd does not accept responsibility of the loss or damage of personal property belonging to Clients and their guests 8. Should the client cancel the Event at any stage between 1 to 3 months prior to the Event, the Client shall be liable for 75% of the overall invoice amount. Should the Client cancel the Event within 1 month prior to the date of the Event, the client shall be liable for the full cost of the Event, unless otherwise agreed by UK Events Ltd in writing 9. The Client shall be liable for any costs incurred in repairing any damage to the goods Hired caused by the Client or its employees or guests 10. UK Events Ltd has full public liability insurance; however personal accident insurance is not included. Clients requiring this cover should contact their own insurers well in advance 11. The Client shall keep in strict confidence all commercial know-how, which is disclosed to the Client by UK Events Ltd or its agents or subcontractors and any other confidential information concerning UK Events Ltd business, which the Client may obtain. 12. All materials, drawings, specifications, data or otherwise supplied by UK Events Ltd to the Client shall at all times be and remain the exclusive property of UK Events Ltd and shall be held by the Client in safe custody and in good condition and shall be returned to UK Events Ltd on its request. 13. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the provision of the facilities detaiLED, UK Events Ltd cannot be held responsible for shortcomings or conditions, which may affect the Event and are outside their control. E.g. weather, acts of terrorism, fire, etc. 14. UK Events Ltd and its subcontractors cannot be responsible for any non-fulfilment of this contract by either party, but please be assured that this engagement has been taken in good faith and every reasonable safeguard will be applied. 15. No provision of these terms and conditions or of the booking agreement are enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 by any party other than UK Events Ltd or the Client.
16. DANCE FLOORS
UK Events Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damaged caused to the flooring its dance floors are laid on. We offer an underlay service which will minimise any marks or damage and/or the client may put protective underlay down if they wish to protect his/her floor which is available on request. No drinks are to be allowed on to the dance floor for health and safety reasons. The client will be held responsible for the conduct of his/her guests and
be held responsible for any injured person/s due to drinks being spilt or glasses being smashed during the Hire period. If the flooring is not suitable for our team to install the dance floor on, we reserve the right to refuse to lay the dance floor and no refund will be offered. Please ensure the dance floor area is clear in advance of our installation team’s arrival. Failure to do so could result in our team not having their full allocated time to install and may result in not installing part or the entire dance floor. Please ensure the ground is flat. In order to install our dance floors safety, we will refuse to lay on uneven ground which may cause the floor to come apart or not lock tightly together.
17. POWER REQUIREMENTS / ACCESS
When booking electrical equipment, please ensure that live power points are situated near to the performance position (unless you are otherwise advised by UK Events Ltd). Please ensure that a sufficient performance area is provided. Please advise in advance if access is awkward i.e. stairs, long carrying distances, inaccessible drives etc, or if we are positioned on a sprung floor. Performances in marquees should be positioned off the dance floor unless otherwise agreed. Failure to provide this information may result in the refusal of your booking. Failure to provide sufficient power will result in our products not being tested and therefore take no responsibly once our team leave site for equipment that is not working as it is designed to.
18. FOOD & BEVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
Requirements for a hot meal and soft beverages are only requested when our staff remain onsite for a period of 5 hours or more. We will charge £20 per staff member if food and soft drinks are not supplied to staff remaining onsite during an event which will be invoiced separately direct to the client. For delivery and collections, our staff will not require food or beverages.
19. LATE PAYMENT INTEREST
Payment conditions must be strictly adhered to. Once an invoice becomes overdue, we will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation charges under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts [Interest] Act 1998, as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002.
20. OVERTIME FEES
Overtime fees will be charged if the event times are extended from those stated on the booking form. Overtime will be charged per hour, or part thereof, and are payable upon receipt of our invoice at a fee of £35 + VAT per hour.
Any dispute shall be referred to the Standard Contract of the Variety and Allied Entertainment’s Council of Great Britain. The agreement shall be governed by English law and all parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
22. LIKE FOR LIKE REPLACEMENT
During busy periods we may replace your product with a ‘like for like’ alternative. This is a very rare situation and we would often look to upgrade your product with a similar alternative.
23. These terms and conditions are governed by and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The content of this website is copyright protected. Unless we give you written permission to use text, images or any other media belonging to UK Events Ltd, we will immediately action without notice.
Registered in England and Wales | Company No. 06851338 | V.A.T No. 972207324